Packing right before traveling is very important. We do not want to spend the extra money to buy goods already owned. For the case of travel with the kids, be very frustrating when the only thing left is medication or special anti-allergy milk.
One of us, like most people, very hate doing packing.Yang other one is already in the border approached OCD packing affairs. However, we both keep the default list to make sure nothing is left behind. Although that one makes friends with a typed, almost unconsciously divided by categories of clothing, food, shelter, and then divided again form the two columns. One column to list the needs of children, and the other column for listing purposes mama. Obsessive one that ?!
Well, when we are traveling with infants or toddlers, of course the goods are brought to swell. Various goods that were previously unimaginable even just so something very important to carry.
Here, Lala and Olen will share stories of packing goods for holidays with babies and toddlers, what should be taken. For packing tips will be discussed in the next article.
First, what the hell that need to be considered if you want to pack for traveling with kids?
1. How long have you traveled. Of course go for a weekend to Bandung will not be the same as backpacking two-week trip to Europe. The number of bags carried was certainly different.
2. Where will you go. When going for a walk to the beach, you will definitely prepare swimwear for your child. If you plan to travel to a cooler area, do not forget to take a jacket.
3. The age of your child. Bringing children 3 months luggage would have been different with a 3 year old child.
4. Transport is being used. When the plane for a long time, maybe you should bring jackets to handbags, if at any time necessary. Travel by car alone would be more flexible because if there are items left behind at any time you can stop by the store.
Below is a list of items that need to be taken when traveling, of course you can customize with your child’s condition and preferences, as well as referring to things above. This is just a suggestion of two Ma-Ma’s cool, you know ….
Yuk goods that enter the list of default:
1. The first thing that must certainly be taken, of course, travel documents : passports and tickets.
2. Milk. Infant formula / UHT if the child is not exclusively breastfed. Especially for UHT milk or formula is like overlooked because she thought would be easy to come by. It turns personal experience tells a different story.
Lala and Raissa has experience regarding the milk. When Singapore first Raissa already mixed breastfed and bottle-feeding. Time went Lala only equip a little milk formula in the box because his intentions want economical heavy luggage. If you bring the milk in cans certainly heavy. He thought that if he wanted to buy bottle-feeding-out portion of a box there. Apparently, in Singapore bottle-feeding is not for sale in the portion of the box. All in cans. He is forced to buy the canned and heavy-weight take him home because did not want to lose after pay dearly.
Still about bottle-feeding, even though it would bring the portion of the tin while on vacation to Europe, but discharged approximately one week before the scheduled return. When packing Lala was actually already guessed would be less, but at that time I had to give up the heart to buy a bottle-fed canned even there only with the calculation in the first week of Raissa could spend 1 cans of milk.
Happens, canned milk is there, but not like in Indonesia that bottle-feeding her divided per age stages such as 0-6 months, 6-12 months, and so on, in Brussels bottle-feeding is sold in only 2 2 stages of brand and age. Under 6 months or over 6 months. Could make confused because he was concerned about the nutritional composition is less precise, finally bought also of course for ages 6 months and older.
After switching to UHT, Lala thought it would be easier to have the dairy business. It turned out that it still had a headache. At that time they were on vacation in Vietnam. And despite carrying four liters of UHT milk, it still ran well for a week vacation there. Sure it’s not hard to find pure UHT milk without the addition of milk in the sense we are looking for vendors in Hanoi. Certainly not fun if they all sell.
All the stalls are small and few stores that we went not sell pure UHT milk, but with a variety of flavors such as vanilla, strawberry, or chocolate. We had determined to buy vanilla successful by the boy. UHT pure milk without a sense of finally obtained in a convenience store with goods imported article is available at the front door.
Looking back, it’s hard to believe the affairs of milk can be a headache. But the reality is yes. Though Raissa does not require special milk. Just imagine if he could only drink bottle-fed hypo-allergen or soy milk only. Would have been more difficult to find in a strange place, so it should be fairly noted about this milk than sorry.
3. Food, beverages, and equipment. Bottles, thermos, water bottles, spill-resistant containers instead of small plates and spoons. If you need to bring is also the raw material, such as rice, brown rice, etc.
Electric stove and a small pot can be brought in to cook solid foods, porridge, or rice mushy (as may be provided in the hotel rice is too hard) – it could be to cook vegetable soup, for example.
4. Vitamins and medicines. Obviously we want everyone healthy while going to come back home. Unfortunately the changes in the weather or a long and tiring journey, can make the immune system of the body decreases. Usually we bring the baby fever medication, drugs for bruise, wound medicine, baby balm, even a thermometer. Insect bites from mosquitoes and protective lotion is also important when you visit a place prone to insects.
5. Toilettries. Accessories for making beautiful and fragrant usual for adults such as combs, soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, plus of course, soap and toothpaste for children. Do not forget to bring a baby cream to prevent the appearance of the rash if the child was still in diapers. Also disposable diapers, although that is a bit more easily bought anywhere.
Besides toiletries, bring a small towel also will personally to dry face or hand finished to cool off during transit or save the world if it is a small hotel providing a less clean towel or fewer in number.
When you go to a hot spot and the possibility of the little one will be a lot of being outdoors, consider also to bring sunscreen protected skin that special baby.
6. Plastic bags small . We always carry a small plastic bag wherever I go with children. Do I bring to the mall especially when traveling. Plastic bags have so many functions. From a container storing dirty diapers before I throw into the trash. Or for storing dirty clothes children because eat or drink while walking down the street, so that when deposited into the bag does not pollute the clean clothes left. Or storing utensils after use.
7. Clothing and footwear. Before going away always make sure the weather at the destination. When you travel to a place that is winter, jackets, longjohn – a kind of socks that cover the entire foot from finger up the ass, gloves, scarves and hats should be taken. If traveling to the beach or during the summer, of course, do not forget to bring a swimsuit and flip-flops. Not funny down the beach wearing shoes.
Olen and Oliq had a bad experience while being in Australia. When in fact it was the middle of summer, usually the temperature reaches 40 degrees Celsius. Olen just bring a pair of socks for Oliq – well it’s just got a pair. It turned out that a few days the weather there is very cold, about 17 degrees Celsius with the wind blowing directly from the South Pole. When in Sydney, socks Oliq missing door. Eventually she wears her mother’s socks next to the yellow, red door again. Because it is too large, the sock is gone in around the Sydney Opera House.
Already looking everywhere no one sells booties. Want to buy ugg, father Oliq not willing to have had to spend AUD 30 “for items that are not used anymore,” he said. Finally, while holding, grasping Olen Oliq feet so as not freezing, until finally buy booties next day. Do not let this happen to you all of ya!
8. Electronic. Hari gini, electronic items brought definite . From cameras, mobile phones, to the notebook. If you’ve remembered to bring all the gadgets above not to forget to bring the charger batteries. Oh, and the adapter power jack. Important!
9. Blanket. Actually not a native blanket mandatory. But we happen to have a blanket if it is not in use can be folded and kept filling the pockets of an animal that can then be functionalized into overstuffed pillows. This practical blanket is helpful when these long flights require transit at an airport which conditioned its exceptional cold.
10. Baby carrier and / or stroller. These two items is definitely needed when traveling. Small children easily tired, and surely they will ask picked up when tired or sleepy. Rather than capitalize carried her two hands, more comfortable certainly with baby carrier and stroller.